Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 4 months ago

All my lymph nodes are swollen?

I’m reposting this because I got a few rude responses last time and I decided maybe it was my fault for not making my post more clear. However, I have very limited information and I’m scared.

So basically, I think I’ve been dealing with this problem for about 2 months, but may only be a month. I’m not sure if I noticed them as soon as they popped up. Anyway, the lymph nodes in my neck, behind my ear, in my armpits, in the elbow crease of my arms, & one in my groin is swollen. I was tested for mono, which came back negative. I’m not sick or anything. Is there a reason for this? (Yes, i am in the process of seeing doctors. I just am wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience so I can know what to be expecting.) For clarity, there is no chance of me having HIV. Whatsoever. I don’t engage in risky behavior that could result in that diagnosis. And, please don’t tell me in dying of a terminal illness. I just was wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience as me, that’s all. Of course, it could be something that serious. But the doctor I saw for this, although not knowing why, didn’t even mention cancer or something terminal. I’m also being tested for lupus. I’m not looking for a diagnosis, just if anyone has had a similar experience. Thank you so much!

• Edna

No .. no one has had ALL their lymph nodes swell.

I seriously doubt that ALL your lymph nodes are swollen. You have between 500 to 700 lymph nodes scattered throughout your body. It would be almost impossible for ALL of them to be swollen at once. Some of them .. sure; but not all 500 to 700. You would be swollen up as big as the Pillsbury Dough Boy.

You've seen a doctor and he doesn't seem to be worried. So, why are you??

• Jahal

Sorry that you got some rude answers.

You can go on WebMD and use the symptom checker. Also the Mayo clinic, look up swollen lymph nodes. That might help narrow it

• LAN

And same as last time Mr Right, any time you post about irrational and childish fears it goes into the mental health section. Especially since nothing you ever post is really about cancer.

• abdul

You are already going to the doctor and arranging for the tests required to diagnose your condition. All you can do in the meantime is try to get the medical people to speed it up a bit. We can only offer suggestions here on this forum.

• Lv 7

swollen lymph nodes typically means an infection. however, RAPID swelling can also be cancer.

of course, itxs best not to jump to conclusions and just ask the doctor.

• kelvin

nope you just have hypochondria