Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 10 months ago

Is it possible to be depressed on a regular cycle (certain time of day or certain period between episodes) and is this Bipolar?

Can it be Bipolar when there is no highs, just average mood and low mood and a regular swing cycle. I know everyone has good and bad days but this is where it is like two good weeks followed by ten bad days followed by two good weeks followed by ten bad days and so on.... I have it. However, I do not get manic highs where I feel really good or have lots of energy, that part I don't have.

Bipolar Disorder runs in my mother's family though my mother does not have it.

• ?
    Favorite Answer

I think you worry too much about mental health. Those diagnoses could had been trauma due to a rape you didn't know about etc. Most trauma gets diagnosed bipolar.

I do think you should consult with a doctor whose pay is not dependant on any certain outcome. IE, community clinics are not trustworthy.

To me what you describe is normal, what are you going to do, take preventative anti psychotics?

One more thing, family history has never been scientifically proven. Even a Harvard psychiatrist acknowledged this.

Clinical depression does include good days as well as depressive episodes. That's what I'm battling with. I'm not managing it well as I overdo things when the depression passes to get on top of household chores and meeting friends but no mania. If you're female it could be linked to your menstrual cycle or you may be devloping bipolar disorder in the future.

Ajsksjsjsjsjsjsjdjdjdjdjd