Is it common to feel depressed looking at Facebook?

I'm not doing that bad, I'm in university. But I just went on Facebook after a year (I don't go there frequently) I found out one of the people who was in the same high school, same class, same program got a humungous scholarship before going to university, did well there and he's now an intern at... show more I'm not doing that bad, I'm in university. But I just went on Facebook after a year (I don't go there frequently) I found out one of the people who was in the same high school, same class, same program got a humungous scholarship before going to university, did well there and he's now an intern at Microsoft and he's travelled across the country for that. And looking at other people I knew from high school, many of them have had internships and are doing well, joining extracurriculars and groups at their universities and many of them are at better universities than me. Btw I failed so many courses, that I'm a year behind now and I'm super embarrassed about that. I have lots of social problems also. I'm feeling sad about being less accomplished and not having developed myself as much as I could have. I had the same opportunities as all the others but I missed them.

Ok now that the rant's over. I was thinking of quitting Facebook because I always go into comparison made and feel depressed. My question is is that a common feeling, or am I just avoiding reality and trying to stay in a comfort zone if I don't see how others have done? I mean I could also admire my friends and think of how I could improve and be more like them.