I'm a sophomore and i got cut from the jv volleyball team when i was better than half the people who made it. ik i'm being cocky but srsly?

i've been playing club for two years when most of the players who made jv only played one year or just did clinics. i asked the coaches what i could improve on and i found out that other cut players also recieved the same email. there were three freshman who made the team and all of them are 5'0" no... show more i've been playing club for two years when most of the players who made jv only played one year or just did clinics. i asked the coaches what i could improve on and i found out that other cut players also recieved the same email. there were three freshman who made the team and all of them are 5'0" no joke. one of them even talked trash behind a freshman-varsity player's back. my club teammates made the team and my skills are definetly more proficent than theirs. my club coaches, jv team players, my friends, and my parents were all surprised that i got cut. and the truth is i still don't know why. the coach said "ball control, specifically passing and defense" which is kind of bull because half the jv players can't pass. i'm really mad and confused. this has rly plummeted my self-esteem and ik i can tryout again next year but really? the coach took people who don't even have the most basic skills like serving, passing and hitting. they weren't even tall. i'm just confused. ik im being a sore lose rn but no one can think of a legit excuse as to why i got cut. i made sure to not be overconfident, kept my hopes down, gave no reason for the coach not to like me, but when i found out who made it i was enraged. i'm def continuing volleyball (club) but why do i feel terrible???