Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 6 months ago

Why are people who are successful lawyers, doctors, and engineers usually so straight edge and boring?

You don't see these guys having fun interesting personalities, they are always professional, boring carbon copies of each other with no emotions. They aren't head banging to Slipknot, into cars or hot women, into hunting or football, or the type of guy you'd wanna go to a bar with. They are low energy, and don't have passions for much and just live a boring life consumed by their work. They aren't exciting to talk to and don't show excitement, they are socially awkward and boring. Picture the typical rat race office worker in a suit and tie. Basically a sheep. Go to a dog shelter or a music store if you want to see someone passionate about life and helping others. Go to a cubicle farm and you see fake boring people

And what's sad is they probably used to be fun and cool people, but 10-20 years of being in a cubicle turned them into zombies. They care more about financial security than freedom and living and don't want to downgrade their living situations or spending habits to have more freedom. A life consumed by keeping up with others and caring what others think

Favorite Answer

There’s an old joke about this:

What do engineers do at office parties to really pull the stops out?

They stare at someone else’s shoes

You're right,they are zombies.

I'll never give up how I lived.

I know a few doctors outside of their practice, and this isn't true about any of them.

Doctors have to take their work seriously while they are seeing patients and doing their jobs. They can't act like clowns. It would not be appropriate.

Life is not all about partying and having fun you know and you may think these people appear to be boring and professional but in reality when they're at home they are fun or interesting people with healthy social lives. They just have their priorities set, they have goals to achieve, and overall just want to live a financially stable life.

In order to become a lawyer, doctor or engineer you have to study hard and pass very difficult tests. The party crowd never gets that far.

So you like losers. Okay. Thanks for the info.

btw - most lawyers I know are hilarious, among the most funny people I've met. And big firm top accountants usually are e.g. top yachtsmen. Not your scene. I understand.