Alex asked in Home & GardenCleaning & Laundry · 3 months ago

Do you use bath towels more than once?

Everyone in my family uses their towels more than once. Like I've even seen my parents have just the same towel hanging on their door, reused again and again...

22 Answers

Relevance
  • Stasia
    Lv 4
    3 months ago

I have heard it isn't sanitary, but I use my bath towel a couple of times.

• Anna E
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

I have heard it isn't sanitary, but I use my bath towel a couple of times.

• 3 months ago

Mostly it is personal choice, but sometimes it is a necessity to change them out more frequently.

I have well water which means no chlorine. Even though it's low, there is still chlorine in municipal water. This leaves a slight residue which helps inhibit odor causing bacteria.

Even though you are "clean" after bathing, you still have dead skin a d oils and "stuff" that collects on the towel. The chlorine in municipal water inhibits the bacteria and decomposition. Well water doesn't.

So I use my towel to dry the first day, then as a mat the second. Then into the wash.

• Kate
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

Completely normal. We use the same ones for a week unless we have been really dirty.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 months ago

Yes, at least twice. I wash all the towels, hand towels, washers and t-towels 2 to 3 times a week. I insist t-towels and washers are replaced at least once daily so there are usually a few. As clean as one may be bacteria is transferred to towels, so for hygiene reasons I wouldn't like to replace them less often. We lived in the tropics for a decade and you tend to shower several times a day. One tends to be more fussy about hygiene and clean skin in a tropical climate as it can become infected more quickly. You replace your towels at least once daily.

• C
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

Definitely, but I don't like sharing. I use my towels for about a week before laundering. It's important to let them thoroughly dry out though or they go sour, so whilst not instagramable, I find it practical to have a roomy airer for towels in the bedroom. Washcloths I only use once, top to tail. They go in a caddy in the bathroom and get hot washed weekly.

• 3 months ago

yeah well its only for drying off. not for cleaning. hang it up and its good for another few days.

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

Bath towels, beach towels , hand towel, face cloths, get used until I remember to do laundry...so a month or 2 down the road.

• 3 months ago

Absolutely. I use mine about three times on average. I can’t imagine how fast the laundry would pile up if I used one towel for every shower.

• 3 months ago

I use it again multiple times.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.