Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 9 months ago

Doctors or knowledgable people:I can t gain any weight or muscle, Thyroid?Attached blood results.?

I ve had a real hard time gaining any weight or muscle. I ve tried eating as much as i can. I even tried intermittent fasting and eating large meals that are spread apart. I tried lifting weights &completing the sets and reps with proper form at a weight that is meant to build strength & size. My t4 is pretty high, almost over the range of normal. If my t4 free is high would my thyroid stimulating hormone(tsh) be lower. I think my slightly overactive thyroid is the reason for my inability to gain weight.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/wgzWzmLEe96g6Uhz5

• Julien

Everything looks perfectly normal, although testosterone is often measured several times because it has strong oscillations and can change very fast.

Anyway, why did you get a blood sample prescribed in the first place? Your question doesn't include any medically relevant piece of evidence that something could be wrong or that there is something to look for in your testosterone levels. But physicians usually don't just waste money prescribing blood tests to people who don't need them. So, knowing the reason why this test was prescribed would help a lot to answer your question. Are you medically underweight? Are you a teenager with exterior signs of delayed puberty?

PS: intermittent fasting and spreading your meals far apart is typically the exact opposite of what you need to be able to eat more, which is why some people use it as a dieting (or body recomposition) strategy. It's usually much easier to eat more when you keep filling your stomach little by little as soon as there is some room.

Thyroid levels look within the normal range.

What does the dr who ordered the tests suggest??

• Jason9 months agoReport

Nothing, i just think it's causing a really high metabolism rate to where i can't gain any weight.