Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 10 months ago

My heart beats really fast and it takes over my voice whenever I sing in front of someone which makes it sound shaky. Please help?

I want to overcome this because I have to sing a solo in about a month. I’ve done it before, but it was extremely challenging for me and I was super scared. I just keep worrying about it because it’s in a month and none of my friends can relate to me or feel the same way as me. I’m extremely nervous and scared and it’s almost taking over my thoughts. I would appreciate just some positivity or any advice anything please help me

If I were to name one thing for stage fright, it would be this - practice !!!

When I was an actor, I was determined to know all my lines when performing. I practiced saying my lines until it was impossible for me to slip up. I was saying them in my sleep.

One approach is to reappraise the way you think about your feeling. Some people call the fear of opening night excitement. People pay money to get scared - roller coaster rides and horror movies.

There's loads of lab and clinical evidence that slow breathing is a fast, effective way to calm yourself. A doctor recommends breathing gently through the nose, inhale 4 sec and exhale 6 sec. More on therapeutic breathing and stress reduction in my answers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uvli7NBUfY4

Youtube thumbnail

&t=239s

You now know why many an Artist drinks and/or uses Drugs.

It is called "Stage Fright", aka, Anxiety.

Some just blow chunks prior to their exhibition.

How you will handle it is up to you.

You could seek help from a Doctor, whatever you do don't wait until the performance if you use drink or drugs, you want to know now if you can still perform under the influence.

Best just fight it by thinking of other things. up to the minute you start.

Don't get a brain fever thinking of what "Might" happen, just do it. "Let's see what happens" as a very famous person is want to say.

You can see your doctor.

Get something to help your anxiety.

It will just be temporary.