promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsAlternativeParanormal Phenomena · 10 months ago

Are binaural beats the answer?

Are they?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Hunter
    Lv 6
    9 months ago

For many people, binaural beats don't work for them. If they work for you, good! If not, try flashing lights-- but make sure you don't have a neurological condition first.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Tom
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

Even better----Get two WHITE NOISE generators----Connect the outputs--one to the right channel and one to the left channel of a set of STEREO HEADPHONES-----It will blow your mind more so than any Binaural beats-----"Stars everywhere" even inside your head!-----Try reversing the channels and adjusting the separate volumes. Start one side before the other so the pseudorandom sounds are a bit out of sync.

I recommend TWO identical "Sleep machine" like devices. set on "White noise" or "Falling water", etc. those work best, you might experiment with different settings (but the same on each unit)---That is don't mix "surf" with "train" on the two channels---it is stereo versions of the same sound that has the effect.

• ...Show all comments
    • Tom
      Lv 7
      9 months agoReport

The random sounds from both sides will cause a false "Stereo" effect with "blips" forming a "spacial field " that includes the inside of your head---amazing!

• 9 months ago

If you are looking for a name for your band, I'm all for it.

EDIT! I see you are still joining in with the TD's Raro but keeping your head down? I like that very much. Don't you have anything to say? I recently acquired a police record and it's not walking on the moon.

• John
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

That depends entirely on the question.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • j153e
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

Somewhat mechanical; a more natural approach is awareness meditation; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mindfulness

The Path of the Higher Self;

regular nature walks are very effective for healing "moods."

• 10 months ago

It is a way but what do you want with it if you don't have a plan?

• joedlh
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

The phenomenon of binaural beats has been around for as long as human have had ears. Musicians rely on the experience to tune their instruments. Only lately has it stimulated new age quack theories. The world is awaiting some scientifically valid evidence that it has any special bearing on improving sleep or meditation, let alone extending one's life experience. The problem with "transcending death" is that if it does happen, nobody has come back to explain it to those who are still living.

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

Update: are they the answer to transcend death

• 10 months ago

Are they the answer to what??

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.