Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 year ago

Why do the guys always have to make the first move on girls that they like?

Honestly I'm a guy and know I should asking the woman out. But i mostly just keep quiet and wait for females to come to me. Besides, what's the point anymore when many females might cry out harrassment just for approaching them. I dont find it worth myself going to jail just for telling a girl shes attractive. But if they are really bothered by men asking them out, then why dont they just start making the first move and let Us wait for Them? That would however make more sense

Well for a start, if a girl likes you she will make it OBVIOUS through her body language. It's like she is giving you the go-ahead to approach her.

Second, think about it from the other side. As a guy, you can make the first move and approach any girl you like because it is considered "normal" for guys to do that, but not for girls.

Imagine if roles were reversed and guys could NOT be the one to make the first move because it was not socially acceptable to do so. You could not approach that beautiful girl and would just have to watch her walk out of your life forever without ever talking to her.

Being able to make the first move is not a burden, it is a great freedom.

Men don’t like women who pursue them it’s natural for the man to be the hunter

as my self I have my ego so I won't say I love u to a guy 😑😑😑

• zipper

It sounds like you need a coarse in how to talk to be with respect, if you ask nicely and she says NO! Say thank you any way and walk away. Do not push the issue, that is harassment.

• Pope

I get where you're coming from and I'm not going to start beating my chest like some of these other air-filled meatheads in the comments above or give you any advice.

It's really horrible asking someone out, it's humiliating! You have to put yourself in this extremely vulnerable position where someone essentially has the power to reject you in your entirety. That's so scary! If you're not scared of that, you're either thick, have a complete lack of integrity or you're a psychopath.

However, the people that have the most sex or date the most are the people that make a move. Guy or girl; the majority of us are shy and afraid of not being accepted and don't want to risk it by making the first move.

If you're not bothered being single and not sleeping with people, then it's fine. You don't have to put yourself in that position. It does sound like you want to date women though, in which case - for your own sake- you have a responsibility to learn how to make a move. If you want something, it's your responsibility to get that thing, not for everyone else to bring it to you.

Final Point: Most girls can empathise with being rejected and understand the courage it takes to ask someone out. Most girls are flattered that you've even considered them in that way. And at the very least most people are polite enough to come up with a convenient lie to protect your feelings. You care far more about your failures and rejections than anyone else does and it's easy to build up these fantasy nightmares where you ask a woman out and she calls you a rapist... but that's never happened to anyone I know.

Dating is very frustrating, try not to become bitter and angry at girls, they're playing by slightly different rules but it's no more fun for them.

Good luck :)

• 1 year ago

They don't always have to. I was no model but in school years I had 5 girls making the first move. 3 were even popular ones considered the most beautiful in class. I don't know why they liked me so much tbh. I was average in everything and was really shy, but there you have it. Sometimes, girls come at you.

1 year ago

Bustin' my nut n goth/emo bitchesx mouth check

Source(s): Yung N White School Shooter Type
  • 1 year ago

Personally, if I like you well enough I’ll come onto you but I prefer for the man to ask me out

• kristy
    1 year ago

If you are very hot looking it’s no problem.

1 year ago

cause guys have far more competition from other guys. if you don't go for her, some other dude will and claim her first.