What do you you think of my quote? Is there anyway I could make it better or is it good?

"The quality of a man is not reflected with what within his wallet or his bank account. The quality of a man is what resonates within his character." or "The measure of a man is not what's inside his pocket (or wallet) or his bank account. The measure of a man is the content (or quality) of his... show more "The quality of a man is not reflected with what within his wallet or his bank account. The quality of a man is what resonates within his character." or "The measure of a man is not what's inside his pocket (or wallet) or his bank account. The measure of a man is the content (or quality) of his character. Feel free to sub in the words wallet instead of pocket or quality instead of content or choose the first version of the quote. Please tell me if I could make it sound or make sense any better. I just want to make it sound in a way where it will impact people.
Update: Hmmmm...or for the first version of the quote does The measure of a man that which resonates with his soul sound better? I also want it to sound in such a way that's not too deep and I want anybody to be able to understand while it still being influential.