Can I be fired for refusing promotion?

I refused a promotion because of health reasons, the new job would be longer hours, more responsibility and stress. I used to have a position at the company that was all of them and my anxiety disorder really affected me at work, I had regular panic attacks at work, my wife would have to come and collect me and... show more I refused a promotion because of health reasons, the new job would be longer hours, more responsibility and stress.

I used to have a position at the company that was all of them and my anxiety disorder really affected me at work, I had regular panic attacks at work, my wife would have to come and collect me and take me home several times, my boss actually configured my job to make it better.

Would this reflect bad on me in the future? If they were laying people off would my refusal of promotion put me at a disadvantage?

The only advantages I have is, I have been at the company since 2009, I am one of the longest serving employees and I am only 29 (30 this year), so I could do this job for many years to come.