promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 10 months ago

If someone kept asking you questions because they needed help would you lash out at them ?

this happened to me when I was working and I was new to the job. I was asking a woman for help which of course is annoying but I did apologise to her but she kept giving me attitude. Everyone gets annoyed but no matter how annoyed I am, if a person needs help I would help them and not lash out at them and become rude.

Everyone else seemed to help without showing attitude except this woman. I know everyone has different levels of patience but she reacted as if I asked a billion questions when it was just a few.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    10 months ago
    Favorite Answer

At work, this is a different situation than among a group of friends or whatever. The way you describe this, the company never identified a person you could go to with questions, so you randomly asked a lot of people. This wasn't fair to you.

Also, you never explained the "pecking order". Was she someone in a position of authority, or just a co-worker? Either way, her behavior was very unprofessional, simply because there's no excuse for treating someone like this. I've been a manager for years, and if a new hire started asking me questions that were better directed to her own supervisor, I'd just point this out, not act like a douche about it.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Elaine
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

Did you keep asking the same question over and over again?

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

no, i try not to be like that

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

Possible an Atheist? Atheist do not beleive in GOD; so they cannot feel any LOVE in their lives. They live self centered, their life only lives.

Pray for her.

• curious10 months agoReport

she was a hindu…. I have realised a lot of religious people can be rude too same with athiests. Some people are just cold from the inside

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 months ago

you don't know the back story here...she may feel that the company needs to do a better job training someone-instead of letting the other workers do it--without extra salary. she may resent that you got a job her kid wanted (or friend-or cousin...etc.) she may be severely overworked and can't take one more thing.

• ...Show all comments
    • bluebellbkk
      Lv 7
      10 months agoReport

Kate didn't say any of this was 'an excuse' but it could be a REASON. In any case, if the asker finds this woman is rude and unhelpful but other people aren't, why keep on asking her questions?

• 10 months ago

Everyone has their ****. One person's less than desirable response is literally meaningless to your life....unless you give it meaning.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.