Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 10 months ago

If someone kept asking you questions because they needed help would you lash out at them ?

this happened to me when I was working and I was new to the job. I was asking a woman for help which of course is annoying but I did apologise to her but she kept giving me attitude. Everyone gets annoyed but no matter how annoyed I am, if a person needs help I would help them and not lash out at them and become rude.

Everyone else seemed to help without showing attitude except this woman. I know everyone has different levels of patience but she reacted as if I asked a billion questions when it was just a few.

Favorite Answer

At work, this is a different situation than among a group of friends or whatever. The way you describe this, the company never identified a person you could go to with questions, so you randomly asked a lot of people. This wasn't fair to you.

Also, you never explained the "pecking order". Was she someone in a position of authority, or just a co-worker? Either way, her behavior was very unprofessional, simply because there's no excuse for treating someone like this. I've been a manager for years, and if a new hire started asking me questions that were better directed to her own supervisor, I'd just point this out, not act like a douche about it.

• Elaine

Did you keep asking the same question over and over again?

no, i try not to be like that

Possible an Atheist? Atheist do not beleive in GOD; so they cannot feel any LOVE in their lives. They live self centered, their life only lives.

Pray for her.

• curious10 months agoReport

she was a hindu…. I have realised a lot of religious people can be rude too same with athiests. Some people are just cold from the inside

you don't know the back story here...she may feel that the company needs to do a better job training someone-instead of letting the other workers do it--without extra salary. she may resent that you got a job her kid wanted (or friend-or cousin...etc.) she may be severely overworked and can't take one more thing.

• bluebellbkk

Kate didn't say any of this was 'an excuse' but it could be a REASON. In any case, if the asker finds this woman is rude and unhelpful but other people aren't, why keep on asking her questions?

Everyone has their ****. One person's less than desirable response is literally meaningless to your life....unless you give it meaning.