Is there a way to have your bank trace who took money out of your credit or debit card?

Here's the story in a nutshell. I ordered something online from a company called "STORESARE". I never received the item I ordered. I could not reach the company to ask questions..It is not some totally obscure company but has a website and "business address" but a letter I sent got returned to sender because there is no such address, as 963 Stoney Lonesome Road in Mantzville, Pennsylvania. Emails I sent are returned as un-deliverable.

No one picks up when I call.. On my bank statement there is minor information about the company that deducted the amount of money. The indication is that it was a company called "DANIELSTORE" in Nevada.

Could I contact the bank and ask if they have more information on the company that deducted the money? Would the bank have access to NO MORE information than what I see on the bank statement?

How can I find out the exact address of the company? How can I find out the name of the person who's account the money went in to? Is there a way?

You dispute the charge with your credit card company. They do not share the results of any investigation with you...in case you are in on a scam...

First credit cards and debit cards are NOT the same or have the same protections under law.

You can always file a dispute with your Credit Card company. The cc company will contact the vendor an request proof of sale, identity of buyer, etc. If the vendor does not comply, the cc card company takes the charge off and you do not pay.

DEBIT CARDS, even with a "visa" or "mastercard" logo are NOT protected by law. This association with the credit card industry only means your card can be processed like a credit card, ie without a PIN.

Any fraudulent charges are at the bank's discretion and policy to pursue. IF they do anything, and IF they reimburse the charge, it is solely at their discretion.

This is why I will never use a debit card.

The bank will only have what you have - the information shown on your statement, to the left of the charge. "Sometimes", that information includes a phone number. Just dispute the charge. Tell the bank that you never received the item and their email address doesn't work and - have you looked them up and tried to phone them? Tell the bank and ask for them to reverse the charge.

• Judy

Sounds like you were scammed. Scammers generally cover their tracks well, so your chances are poor.

Call the bank, tell them it was a scam (maybe it was, maybe not but either way you probably aren't getting your money back from them) and ask them to reverse the transaction. They will if they can and it hasn't been to long. Do the same for your credit card if you used a credit card instead.

It's a scam.

They have a pretend website and pretend information.

There is info on it on the internet.

If you paid with a credit card, ask to have the money refunded.

If you paid with a debit card, the bank will likely refund you but may not.

Just tell the bank that you are disputing the charge because you never received what you ordered and that you tried to contact the seller but they didn't respond. If the bank has as much difficulty communicating as you did, and isn't able to verify anything with the seller (because it's impossible to find them), then you'll probably when the dispute and get your money back that way.

You have went over & above what was needed. Just tell them it was unauthorized. (Dispute it)

No further investigating is needed on your part.

1. contact your local police and file a fraud report.

2. contact your credit card company, and send them a copy of the police report.

The CC company will investigate

I would tell the bank that you were defrauded. Their policies ought to cover fraud.