Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsMotor SportsFormula One · 6 months ago

Who is or was the best ever formula one driver. I thinks it's senna. What do you think?

Probably Hamilton tbh.

Source(s): His stats. We're witnessing history​!!

It depends on which era - and in passing (when dead), people tend to grow in stature. Senna was undoubtedly an excellent racing driver, OF HIS TIME. Ditto with Schumacher although without doubt some of his actions were 'questionable'. I think Senna was inclined to be ruthless too - perhaps that's what it takes? I was always a fan of Damon in his day. I think who is/was best depends on the tools they were provided with (cars). So answering that is difficult.

very good inquiry.

i am eering on side of early F1 and going with José Froilán González, possibly Fangio - great rivalry but Gonzalez really lost out big in-spite of immense talent.

But we can go down the eras here, in the cigar car days it has to be Graham Hill, he was just glorious.

Early wing cars i would choose Jackie Stewart - that is how you drive in my opinion.

70s was very much time i would have been fan of Clay Regazzoni, rené Arnoux towards end of that decade

This leads to the 80s and Elio de Angelis, Andrea de Cessaris (okay this is just because he was exceptionaly entertaining to watch),

In 90s you have your Damon Hill, Mika Hakkinen, both suffered because of certain somone i will not even give space to name.

Early millennium had undeniably one of most painful talented drivers, unable to win title in Juanpablo Montoya, i also conssider likes of Giancarlo Fisichella to be man in wrong cars at wrong time, otherwise he would have been capible of winnig title.

i kinda gave up on F1 after the string of buyouts / bancruptcies of:

Tyrell,

Ligier/Prost,

Stewart,

Arrows,

Minardi,

Jordan

It just felt like there is no one to care about, cars looked hideous and point system was broken.

• Verulam 1

" Damon Hill, Mika Hakkinen, both suffered because of certain somone i will not even give space to name. " If I'm right in knowing who you are talking about - well he got his didn't he.

ALAIN PROST 'le professeur' in my opinion,