Can you help me with English plz?

On the cover of TIME, with the word ENOUGH emblazoned across the image. Determining the cover is always a team discussion, and in the course of it, some in our newsroom urged that we do not use that word. How to determine what exactly is enough? Wasn't it enough at Columbine? At Virginia Tech? At Fort Hood?... show more On the cover of TIME, with the word ENOUGH emblazoned across the image. Determining the cover is always a team discussion, and in the course of it, some in our newsroom urged that we do not use that word. How to determine what exactly is enough? Wasn't it enough at Columbine? At Virginia Tech? At Fort Hood? Won't it be enough when, sure as night follows day, the next massacre occurs.

1. I can't understand this sentence "some in our newsroom urged that we do not use that word" mean exactly? "Some" are what?
2. What does this expression "night follows day" mean in this case?