Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 12 months ago

There is a girl I don't want to be friends with anymore when we go back to school, but I dont want to be rude. What can I do?

Theres this girl I was best friends with but on the last day of school, on the bus home, she did something very bad and embarrassing and now every one mocks her on FB so I dont want to be friends anymore.

The bus was very packed with all of us going home and there was lots of commotion because everybody was happy that it was the beginning of the six weeks holiday.

Suddenly my freind started convulsing and makung weird noises. At first everyone started laughing because they thought she was clowning around (she is a bit if a joker). Then it got a bit scary to watch and it was clear she was having a fit. Then she shat herself and everybody started laughing again. The bus driver went straight to the hospital and everyone was forced to sit in a stinking bus.

It turns out she has epilepsy which there is no cure for and I've been able to avoid her over the summer holidays but now that school is about to resume, Im worried I'll have to hang out with her again and she might publicly disgrace herself again. And even if she doesn't do it again, everyone calls her names now si I don't want to hang out anymore. What can I do?

Look, I see it from both sides. At your age, there is a lot of peer pressure; especially in junior high school. You may have to choose between fitting in with everyone else and only having her to hang out with for half of your school time. It’s not nice perhaps, but it’s not bad to want to be liked and not to have the courage to stand up for her. I’d try standing up for her for a while and if it gets too hard because of the teasing, I’d suggest you move schools and have a fresh start somewhere else.

You got to tell that ***** that you don’t **** with her anymore and she needs to get the **** away

You can be alone you dont deserve a friend. A real friend has their back and not friends because of popularity or good looks. She cant help she has this condition. So move on and leave her alone. I hope she finds a real friend who likes her how she is because its obvious you dont. Shame on you.

You seem like a fair weather friend. If you aren't standing up for her because you are worried about what all these immature bullies think or you are rejecting her for having a condition for which she is not at fault then you are no better than they are, nor were you ever a real friend to her to begin with.

I think I get it because you are probably just going through a peer pressure phase and I've been there once. If you side with these horrid kids against her, you will look back on it and regret it. If you decide to remain friends with her through both thick and thin, you might no doubt receive plenty of blowback from all these hideous brats, but you might keep her as a friend and set a good example for others who might be watching. You never know if one of the bullies might have a change of heart too, and then, if you one day find yourself in similar trouble as this girl was in, you never know if she might do the same for you, while all these bullies would simply ditch you.

Source(s): It's the quality of your friendships that matter, not the quantity.
  • Elaine

With a "friend" like you who needs enemies? Just remember what goes around comes around when you least expect it. Your lack of empathy and inability to put yourself in someone else's shoes is astounding.

Uh, your title says you don't "want to be rude"? Isn't it a little late in the game for that?

It sounds like you won't have to worry about her, since I'm sure she's not interested in being your friend to begin with. Just continue hanging out with the people laughing at her. Oh, and don't forget about karma.

its not her fault, i have a friend with epilepsy and one time we were waiting at the salad bar at the senior center for lunch and all of a sudden her hands started to shake and she was grabbing the back of my neck hard with her fingers shaking, i asked her if she was having a seizure, she remembers me asking that but dont remember doing it, im not going to stop sitting with her cause of it, she cant help it

I'm not entirely sure that I believe all of this. Your loving attention to detail makes me doubt your sincerity.

If you were a real friend, you would try to help her and have her back, so people would accept her again and stop calling her names. What if it happened to you, and everyone turned against you?

• Cogito

She did nothing 'bad' at all.

You may have been embarrassed, but I'd bet not half as embarrassed as she was.

A real friend would have helped her, supported her and take no notice at all of anyone making cruel, ignorant and mean comments about her.

You're a cowardly, unkind person who doesn't deserve to have any friends at all. How would YOU feel if you developed epilepsy and that happened to you? It could.

And I bet if it did, and your friends suddenly started to ignore you and ditched you, you'd be terribly hurt, sad, feel really terrible and you'd be on this site, asking how people you'd thought of as friends could be so cruel and awful to you..

If she really was your best friend you are entirely in the wrong to avoid her now.

If you're serious and you're not trolling, you should be thoroughly ashamed of yourself.