There is a girl I don't want to be friends with anymore when we go back to school, but I dont want to be rude. What can I do?

Theres this girl I was best friends with but on the last day of school, on the bus home, she did something very bad and embarrassing and now every one mocks her on FB so I dont want to be friends anymore. The bus was very packed with all of us going home and there was lots of commotion because everybody was happy... show more Theres this girl I was best friends with but on the last day of school, on the bus home, she did something very bad and embarrassing and now every one mocks her on FB so I dont want to be friends anymore.

The bus was very packed with all of us going home and there was lots of commotion because everybody was happy that it was the beginning of the six weeks holiday.

Suddenly my freind started convulsing and makung weird noises. At first everyone started laughing because they thought she was clowning around (she is a bit if a joker). Then it got a bit scary to watch and it was clear she was having a fit. Then she shat herself and everybody started laughing again. The bus driver went straight to the hospital and everyone was forced to sit in a stinking bus.

It turns out she has epilepsy which there is no cure for and I've been able to avoid her over the summer holidays but now that school is about to resume, Im worried I'll have to hang out with her again and she might publicly disgrace herself again. And even if she doesn't do it again, everyone calls her names now si I don't want to hang out anymore. What can I do?