Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Local BusinessesUnited KingdomBirmingham Β· 10 months ago

Can an employer refuse to hire you because they don't like your feet?

I went for an interview for a restaurant job and when I was in the interview room, the manager asked me to take off my shoes and socks - she said I nearly had the job, but she didn't like my feet so she wouldn't hire me.

Are companies/employers allowed to do this or can I sue for discrimination?

Favorite Answer

Could be you have flat feet, and that being on your feet in a restaurant would be tough for you.

In any case, ugly feet is not a protected class in hiring

• F

They can refuse to hire you for many reasons, the most common being, they think someone else is more suitable. If you're a straight white male, tough,. However, if you're a women, or LGBT+ or BAME you can claim you were discriminated against and probably get some compo.

• Not

I don't know, ask UKIP.

No. Peoples feet dont look gross

They were TRAUMATIZED when BIGFOOT went in for an INTERVIEW!!!.......πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Discrimination just means "decision-making." Not all decisions are unlawful. Some decisions are unlawful because a law- making body has prohibited the decision. For example, I my nation, the national legislature has prohibited employers involved in interstate commerce from making employment decisions based on race, religion, gender or national origin. No legislature in my state or nation has outlawed decisions based on the appearance of your feet.

• Sally

no they should not

That is racist

Yes, they can do that.

Sue for discrimination but be ready to point out what are the defining factors of discriminated feet with evidence to support your claim (i.e. other owners of feet the employer chose not to hire).

If this is really a true question. Then yes they could not hire you for that reason. However, this sounds like a new TROLL getting his feet wet in the troll world of Yahoo

Maybe the more critical question would be, why would you want to work for a business that has such strange interest as the look of peoples feet.