Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMen's Health · 10 months ago

What do I do about this stalemate with my gf over shaving?

Following up from a question I asked not to long ago.

My girlfriend of about 9 months is quite enthusiastic that I stay well shaved or waxed essentially from nose to toe. I've indulged her upto now but I'm uncomfortable, especially since she got me to start shaving my legs.

I've tried telling her a couple of times, but she turns it on me telling me how much nicer I look and smell and feel.

As talking hasn't gotten me there I've decided to let my legs go and I've been letting some 5 o'clock shade come in - I'm still shaving my underarms, chest and everything else but the stubble on my legs and face has caused several arguments, she's made me wear long pajanas to bed, she's cancelled dinner plans with a friend couple because I looked "gross" and I went anyway alone.

I've now gone back to keeping my face clean because she wouldn't kiss me. I'm not dealing with this well and I don't know what to do.

I don't want this to break us up. Any other time she's just the most gorgeous, happy, bouncy and kind human, but right now it feels like shes repulsed by me and I can't do it.

What do I do?

Thanks so far guys. Just so you know, it's been fairly progressive since our first time together, she suggested I might like to clear the floor around the main event, which early on I was really cool with, but it escalated from there to the rest. But it wasn't like an overnight, you must do this thing or else.

To hell with that! Dump her!

Never change your body for someone else. If you want to do it for yourself fine but don't do it for another person. If she really cared about you she wouldn't try to control you like this. You know she's telling her girlfriends that she makes you shave everywhere? Find a girl who likes you for you.

This girl is way to controlling, it's a big red flag. If she's like this now, imagine how she will be in a year? She will start telling you what kind of underwear to wear, the kind of deodorant, aftershave, clothes she will eventually dominate your entire life going to the stylist telling them how to cut your hair eventually she'll be ordering dinner for you and you'll feel like one of those little froo froo dogs girls carry around in a purse.

Would like to know a lot more about her objections to male body hair in detail. Its not possible to object to another persons personal objection unless you know precisely why My persona opinion is that male body hair is a part of the 'male image',and therefore not out of order in any way.

Yet , I will admit to having an objection to female body hair. On top of the head is fine, anywhere else is obviously out of place.

The loverly smooth clean lines of a female bod are delightful and a dream to look at, but the addition of a hank of undressed pubic hair completely ruins the vision. Its untidy, undressed, and in total contrast to the rest of the image. Its ugly, out of place, and always will be. Have always failed to understand how such an revolting fashion became the accepted norm

Always instantly reminds me of a disappearing ferret, though I admit it would be a very strange place to find one. Sorry, but I just can't help it.

• Sally

Tell her real men like a hairy vagina

• Sky

Why would you want a girl who is so controlling as to demand how you keep your body hair, and who is so shallow as to reject you in your entirety just because you won't shave and will only accept you based on your compliance with her body hair requirements? Assuming there is any truth to your anonymously posted story, you need to stop being blinded to her beauty and take a step back so you can see the big picture of this relationship and decide whether you want to spend the rest of your life with someone like that. It's YOUR body, YOUR choice, so if she is not willing to compromise and accept with some level of shaving vs. body hair that you're comfortable with, you should end this relationship. She can move on to find a guy who has hypohidrotic ectodermal dysplasia (one symptom is a total lack of body hair of any kind).

she is taking your manliness..........get out of that situation

Im sorry but to me thats not right no girl should demand her boyfriend to change. Men naturally have body hair we all do. Its fine if she wants to shave from head to toe but it shouldn't be like that for you. Its your body. My boyfriend has a goatee and im not into facial hair because it tickles me when he kisses me. but i just got used to it. Yeah sometimes it tickles me but its who he is and what he likes and I'd never ask him to change. Because i love him for who he is. You either need to explain this to her or go to Salon and get waxed. That way you wont have to shave as much and just your face.

• mokrie

Dump the psycho byotch.

I really hate the overused line of "grow a pair"

but seriously, in your case it's the ONLY answer.

Imagine you put these requests and restrictions on her???

She would SCREAM "controlling and shallow"

• Kaylee

She is trying to change who you are. Are you dating her only because of her looks? Seems like it , considering you’re letting her control the way you groom yourself even though you don’t seem too thrilled about it. This is coming from a girl that has been with her boyfriend from over a year, my boyfriend will ask me what I prefer but I will NEVER EVER tell him how to groom himself. I chose him and I chose to accept the way his body is, just like he chose to accept mine. I’m going to tell you right now, she is not the one.