shay asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 11 months ago

Help, should i be concerned?

Just maybe 30 minutes ago I had apple sauce that tasted and smelled like alcohol. Now I have a mild headache. I only swallowed the tiniest bit before I realized what the applesauce tasted like. No, this apple sauce wasnt expired, it came in a pack I bought 2 days ago and this was the only one that tasted like this. Should I be concerned or is this common?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 11 months ago

    It's not common but fruit ferments very easily from its own sugars combined with a natural yeast from the air. It suggests that some air got in during manufacture. Makes stuff taste funny, but generally not harmful at all. Usually not high enough in alcohol to actually make you drunk.

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • denise
    Lv 7
    11 months ago

    Maybe the apple sauce had started to ferment??

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Janet
    Lv 7
    11 months ago

    You only swallowed a tiny bit.

    No concern. No, it is not common.

    If you have a headache it is unrelated to the apple sauce. Maybe tension.

    Apples CAN ferment. "Hard" apple cider was made by farmers for centuries as a substitute for distilled liquor or brewed beer. And apples sauce, with its acidic content, is not a hospitable environment for dangerous bacteria.

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 11 months ago

    you are extremely paranoid.

    FYI a mild headache is NOT a symptom of food poisoning.

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 11 months ago

    No, it isn't common, and no, you shouldn't be concerned. I really can't imagine why you'd think that 'the tiniest bit' of applesauce, even if it was spoiled which is unlikely, would give you a headache

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 11 months ago

    I would not worry too much about it. Relax.

    • shay11 months agoReport

      Thanks :)

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • donnie
    Lv 4
    11 months ago

    I would contact poison control because you never know. Don’t get too worked up about it though.

    • shay11 months agoReport

      Thanks:)

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.