My mom loves my normal hair color, but I hate it. What do I do?

(First world problem alert) My natural hair color is a very dark brown shade that pretty much everyone is born with. A couple years ago, I dyed my hair to a ginger-blond color, and I loved it! All of my clothes looked cuter, I felt prettier, and I was more confident. However, my mother opposes a lot of things about... show more (First world problem alert)
My natural hair color is a very dark brown shade that pretty much everyone is born with. A couple years ago, I dyed my hair to a ginger-blond color, and I loved it! All of my clothes looked cuter, I felt prettier, and I was more confident.
However, my mother opposes a lot of things about my hair, be it the bangs, the length, or the color. For about a year or so, she has been saying that I would look so much better with darker hair and that my blond hair looks brittle and washed out, but I would just laugh it off like “haha okay, I like it this way though”. I never really thought anything of it until she brought home boxes of a “honey brown” dye.
She caught me in a good mood a few days ago and I agreed to give it a shot, thinking that it wouldn’t be much darker than before.
However, after drying off my freshly dyed hair, it was that dark, dreary brown again after all this time. I didn’t see myself looking back in the mirror, but rather a middle schooler.
My mom, however, was ecstatic for whatever reason. As she touched my hair, she said, “oh look! my baby’s back! look, she’s back!” Needless to say, she absolutely loved it.
However, over these past few days, I’ve felt awful, My outfits feel boring, I feel boring, and my confidence has been sharply declining. I feel like just another ugly face in the crowd.
I can’t go back now because my mom loves it so much, but I need to do something to make me feel unique and pretty again. What do I do? Thank you.