Are there non-jewish people in the Israeli Army?

Favorite Answer

Certainly there are. There is no requirement that Israeli soldiers be Jewish.

Remember, 20% of Israeli citizens are Arabs [Palestinians] and most of them are Muslims. And, though Arab Israelis are not drafted like other Israelis, many of them do join the military by choice,

It's too bad that Israel doesn't have a foreign legion like France. There's plenty of foreigners that would fight for Israel. Though I do understand that Israel doesn't have much refuge in the world - that it's faced historical persecution in. They want to make sure they have something for themselves in the world, and Israel is only a sliver of land - its original boundaries were larger.

Yes. I know there are Sunni Muslims who are Israeli citizens in the IDF. I do believe all other Arab people are exempt from conscription.

• Love the Good Guy

Now, the Arab Druze are a small ethnic minority in Israel, but they side with Israel because they receive persecution by Israel's enemies too.