In this particular story I'm writing, my character is a witch and she is to save people. How does she find out about them? Any ideas?

I can say "psychic powers" but that is too easy

Time travel sounds like the most interesting possibility, Phylicia. In 1919, the Vril Society in co-operation with the Thule Society achieved the first technological time travell with a metal craft operated with natural crystals. It successfully went back five thousand years to ancient Sumer (Shumer) and came back scarred and extremely aged looking in a very short period of time. Via the ancient earth civilisation of Sumeria, they established contact with an extraterrestrial civilisation with the similar name of Sumi.

She meets a tiny woman at a Rocky Horror revival in 2019 who recognises her as a real witch and gives her an ancient deck of Tarot cards;in fact, the very first pack of Tarot brought to Europe in 1350 when the first Gypsies entered the Kingdom of Bohemia and camped in the Great Forest of Prague. The Forester was a man named Jelen and his daughter became friends with the Chovani or Gypsy priestess-queen who gave her the deck of Tarot and it has an enchantment on it bestowing upon its owner the power to travel in time.

• Marli

Maybe they find out about her. A "consulting witch" who advertises in the papers and social media, and who has her sign on the door.

Or she reads the newspapers and watches the news reports. "Aha! Those people lost in the Andes Mountains. I can "see" them in my crystal. I will teleport myself (and blankets / food) to them, or I will teleport them to me."

Or, to borrow from Andrew, her familiar does the leg work.

• denise

She sees them in visions in the flames of her fire.

I have a few but due to the fact I seem to have a magical gift I have begun charging for my ideas. However, I will tell you what my rare magical gift is....IMAGINATION.

What people, and what do they need to be saved FROM???

You need to think this through a LOT more.

• Cogito

Writers have to have an excellent imagination.

If you can't think up something as simple as this, maybe you aren't ready to write a story?

• Chris

Cogito il Crudello

• Andrew

She has a talking Pygmy Marmoset called "Carl" who can see through space and time, but is also really racist and has a very serious drinking problem. Hilarity ensues.

She might have a broomstick that takes her to whoever is in need. She doesn’t have any control over it.

• Chris

risible

Her crystal ball told her telepathically.