promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

In this particular story I'm writing, my character is a witch and she is to save people. How does she find out about them? Any ideas?

I can say "psychic powers" but that is too easy

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 months ago

Time travel sounds like the most interesting possibility, Phylicia. In 1919, the Vril Society in co-operation with the Thule Society achieved the first technological time travell with a metal craft operated with natural crystals. It successfully went back five thousand years to ancient Sumer (Shumer) and came back scarred and extremely aged looking in a very short period of time. Via the ancient earth civilisation of Sumeria, they established contact with an extraterrestrial civilisation with the similar name of Sumi.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    9 months ago

She meets a tiny woman at a Rocky Horror revival in 2019 who recognises her as a real witch and gives her an ancient deck of Tarot cards;in fact, the very first pack of Tarot brought to Europe in 1350 when the first Gypsies entered the Kingdom of Bohemia and camped in the Great Forest of Prague. The Forester was a man named Jelen and his daughter became friends with the Chovani or Gypsy priestess-queen who gave her the deck of Tarot and it has an enchantment on it bestowing upon its owner the power to travel in time.

• Marli
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

Maybe they find out about her. A "consulting witch" who advertises in the papers and social media, and who has her sign on the door.

Or she reads the newspapers and watches the news reports. "Aha! Those people lost in the Andes Mountains. I can "see" them in my crystal. I will teleport myself (and blankets / food) to them, or I will teleport them to me."

Or, to borrow from Andrew, her familiar does the leg work.

• denise
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

She sees them in visions in the flames of her fire.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 months ago

I have a few but due to the fact I seem to have a magical gift I have begun charging for my ideas. However, I will tell you what my rare magical gift is....IMAGINATION.

• 9 months ago

What people, and what do they need to be saved FROM???

You need to think this through a LOT more.

• Cogito
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

Writers have to have an excellent imagination.

If you can't think up something as simple as this, maybe you aren't ready to write a story?

• Chris
      Lv 6
      9 months agoReport

Cogito il Crudello

• Andrew
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

She has a talking Pygmy Marmoset called "Carl" who can see through space and time, but is also really racist and has a very serious drinking problem. Hilarity ensues.

• 9 months ago

She might have a broomstick that takes her to whoever is in need. She doesn’t have any control over it.

• Chris
      Lv 6
      9 months agoReport

risible

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

Her crystal ball told her telepathically.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.