Wrong pin put onto the ATM, what do I do?

I went to the ATM machine a couple of hours ago and since it’s my first time ever having a card, my dumbass forgot my PIN number and accidentally put the incorrect one. I then proceed to try again but it said I exceeded the amount of tries even though it only gave me one opportunity bc I know the second time I put... show more I went to the ATM machine a couple of hours ago and since it’s my first time ever having a card, my dumbass forgot my PIN number and accidentally put the incorrect one. I then proceed to try again but it said I exceeded the amount of tries even though it only gave me one opportunity bc I know the second time I put the correct pin since I checked my phone for the pin #
anyways I’m just wondering how long until I can try again? or am I gonna have to call customer service? I read online that you have to wait an entire day before trying again. Anyways thank you for those who respond, much appreciated.