I have just purchased my first home. It's 2 bedrooms. I will not have a guest room in my home. Is that bad?

I will not have a guest room in my home because I will be using my 2nd bedroom as a workspace/office. People are making me feel like a horrible person for not having one. I don't entertain a lot of company especially overnight. but should I have a guest room? Is it horrible of me not to have one?

38 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

My house has 2 bedroom and my wife and I had one room and our 2 sons had the other room. The sons have both left home and are married. Their old room still has loads of their stuff in it and only one single bed, so when they visit with their wives they stay at the local motel/hotel - if one of them come on his own then he sleep in the single bed. This gives them some privacy and my wife and I the same. So I would say no it is not bad. I'm 63 and the last thing a daughter-in-law wants is to be bumping into an old guy in his underpants and t-shirt in the middle of the night for his nightly toilet trip.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 6 months ago

Umm... who is criticizing you over something like this? It's so trivial and has nothing to do with them.

• zipper
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

Not unless you invite people to stay over a lot!

• Judy
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

No it's not bad to not have a guest room.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

Tell the cheap wads they can get a hotel.

• 6 months ago

Screw 'em, its your house, do what you want with it. If it becomes a problem down the road you can always convert the office back to a guest house. Sounds to me like they just want a cheap place to crash any time they feel like it.

• 6 months ago

Good grief! If you have a respectable sofa that flips out as a temporary overnight bed any visitors should feel overjoyed. Having a guest room just means they would be inclined to stay even longer and who wants that anyway. Enjoy your first home, suit yourself and pay no heed to your envious friends. It sounds like they are just jealous.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

I'm surprised someone isn't calling you dumb or claiming you're a troll. Some of the legitimate questions I'm asked I'm called those names. It always amazes me how I'm called that when I'm not a troll. The fools that call me that are the trolls & losers with nothing better to do than calling people that.

• susan
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

No. You are free to use the rooms in your home for any legal activity of your choice, without feeling bad about it. Congratulations on your new house!

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

In 22 years in my house, I've likely had people stay over less than 20 times.

• F
      Lv 6
      6 months agoReport

Exactly, so why pay thousands (or maybe tens of thousands) for extra space to accomodate them? Makes no sense at all.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.