promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 10 months ago

Why are women allowed to have a long list of standards for men, but if a man has any standards for women he is sexist?

women always want a guy that is 6ft tall or over, makes good money, has own car own place etc. But if a man makes 1 demand like " want a woman that is not overweight" all of a sudden, he is trash. Women please explain this to me.

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    10 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Only some weird fringe would think that. IMHO men don't have enough standards in selecting the women they date. Every third posting here is from some guy who married a gold digger, a slattern, a cheater or a psychopath. So if men paid more, not less, attention to who they're getting involved with the world would be a better place.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    10 months ago

That’s basically an irrefutable point, but I’m sure you’ll get a lot of complaints for expressing it. “In an age of universal deceit, speaking the truth can be seen as a revolutionary act”...so you’re a ‘troublemaker’...LOL. My kind of people. Keep up the good work....

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

Women can't accept that they are also sexist themselves. It's a pure case of narcissism. I also don't prefer fatties.

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

dont take women's long christmas list of standards for men seriously

most of the time men they date dont even meet a quarter of those long lists of standards they have

Source(s): nothing
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Dooby
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

Who is this entity that "allows".

... The pedestal still claims so many sacrificial victims. Very sad.

• 10 months ago

I'll tell you why it's sexist, because men's standards are almost always solely to do with appearance (they'll say they want someone who's skinny, blonde, has big breasts, has no body hair, etc), whereas women's standards tend to be less shallow attributes (they'll say they want someone who's ambitious, won't cheat, has a good sense of humour, etc).

Like ajtheactress said, people have always had personal preferences and they always will. We can't help it and that's fine. But it's how you choose to vocally express those preferences that can be problematic.

• ...Show all comments
    • allora10 months agoReport

Pretty funny comment because it's the polar opposite of the question being asked. Both are breath-takingly absurd.

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

Allowed by whom? What does it matter what people think; they can't make you go out with anyone you don't want to.

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

Society is gynocentric, get used to it dude. It’s not going to change.

• 10 months ago

Because you are letting these bltches control you. Stop being beta and do what you want. I date women i think are acceptable to me and go on or pass mys standards. women can be retarded, you better run your own life or you will beta to infinity and beyond. ignore them and focus on the woman you want. i have much more life experience than you, i am almost 30 in 3 years and i lived it all. i broke crimes and did what i wanted, i have tons of experience. just listen to me its simple. stop being a crab it may be easier said than done but you have to control your thoughts to control yourself. just practice seriously bro. i went through it too, i am giving you information from my own experience in this. women like dudes who arent fruitcakes and can be their selves and not self controlled because you are afraid to be yourself and follow them like a dog

look i cant go much into it , it just takes personl experience but this is the best way i can try to put it into words

• 10 months ago

False premise.

This isn't a gender thing.

People have always had personal preferences, they always will.

But anybody who body shames is immature and delusional. We all have faults.

Nobody has to date somebody that doesn't fit their "preferences" but being a jerk about it isn't right.

• ajtheactress
      Lv 7
      10 months agoReport

Another, false premise.

Thanks for playing

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.