PC wont work anymore?

I built a computer about 3 years ago (here: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/zbXysZ) and just today it wont work. I got out of work today at 6:45 AM and came home and turned it on and was playing it just fine, I turned it off at 10:30 AM and I woke up at 8:00 pm and it turns on for a split second then instantly shuts off again and i m baffled at what could be the problem, although I have a hunch.

I was using a GTX 1050 Ti for the past 3 years and I just recently got a RTX 2070 about 3 or 4 weeks ago and have been using that since. Usually everything lights up in my case, like my graphics card logo and my ram has lights on it but those arent lighting up at all. Only the mobo lights up so my guess is that its the PSU as even when the pc is off those still light up but arent now, the fans spin a bit when the power comes on too. I have tried:

removing ram and putting in a new battery then putting the ram back in removing my graphics card unplugging my pc from the surge protector and plugging it into the wall socket plugging it into a different wall socket

nothing works.

If anyone has any idea on how to fix this I would greatly appreciate it, i m at my wits end and I have the next 3 days off and cant use my PC. I did order a 800 watt psu and it will be here monday.

Thanks in advance.

• Adrian

Going from a 1050Ti to a RTX2070 is a big jump in power consumption. You need at least a 500W name brand PSU with that one 8 pin PCIe video power connector (direct from PSU). Your old card only required a 350W PSU with no additional power connections to the video card.

I would re-check the PSU ratings, and re-check the 8 pin video power connection on the video card.

And when you took the RTX 2070 out of your system and tried booting up using the HD 530 iGPU, what happened?

Let me guess, you didn't try that yet?

Did you happen to try different PSU and video output cables? reseating the video card? tried booting up with 1 stick of RAM Installed, while cycling each stick?

• m8xpayne

most likely it was an electrical connection....... and the problem could happen again if that's the case.

might open the power supply and see if you can smell any burnt components.