Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetProgramming & Design · 11 months ago

How do you install Java to website?

My Clothing Line is almost done, I want to add 3D soundtracks and visuals but for that I need to install java.

You didn't get much of an answer to this yesterday. It's correct, though, and one of the upvotes is mine.

Java hasn't been useful on the browser side for several years now. If you meant JavaScript, that's an entirely different language, and about the only connection it has with Java is the first 4 letters of the name. And, you don't install it: The user's browser supplies the JavaScript engine. It can be disabled or enabled by the user, but not by you. That's a security issue.

Java can be used on the server side, perhaps to prepare those audio and video resources. If that's what you have, talk to your web host about how to run Java code. You may or may not get that feature on free/inexpensive web hosting, but you should be able to run Java classes on any VPS or dedicated server--if that's what you're after.

I guarantee you do not need Java. Most web browsers do not even support Java anymore.