My house is falling apart?

have a 3 bedroom house in Minnesota with a basement I bought 2 years ago.A dead tree 20 feet from my house in front and a live tree 10 feet from my house in the back. My house it currently shifting somewhere as doors that previously closed and opened are not anymore. And new cracks are appearing in drywall. There... show more have a 3 bedroom house in Minnesota with a basement I bought 2 years ago.A dead tree 20 feet from my house in front and a live tree 10 feet from my house in the back. My house it currently shifting somewhere as doors that previously closed and opened are not anymore. And new cracks are appearing in drywall. There are OLD cracks in the basement foundation. My house is also infested with active wood boring beetles. (Powder post) . Where should I start? There are somethings I think I can do myself like removing soil that is going all the way up to the sill that I could remove and start treating my home with a Bora based pesticide. But how will I know that is the root problem of my home shifting? Should I attempt this myself? The house was built in 1950. Thank you
6 answers 6