Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 10 months ago

CQ in AIT EOD school at fort lee Virginia?

Okay so my significant other is doing AIT as an EOD and they have this thing called CQ which I guess is a shift or something, he told me that he has a CQ shift from 9-11 pm but does anyone know what times they really do have CQ shifts there? do people do have CQ shifts from 9 to 11? My thought was that he was doing something else because he has never had a shift from 9 -11 pm

• Jason

You are doomed.

You don't trust what your significant other is telling you. He is going to have COUNTLESS things like this where he has things he has to do that you don't understand or know about. If your response to that is: "What's he REALLY doing??" you are going to end up like 9 out of 10 first-term enlisted marriages -- you will be done with each other in short order. CQ is a basic duty everyone pulls. He has plenty of other additional duties besides his job. You can either listen and believe what you are told or live your life under constant suspicion. Guess which one is better for your relationship? Guess why 90% of first-term enlisted marriages end in divorce?

He hasn't even made it through AIT yet and you're already damaging your relationship. That does not bode well at all.

.

• AJ

What anonymous said. Just about everyone pulls some additional duty like CQ. Even officers. Outside of training units, CQ is a 24 hr duty followed by the next day off. In training units like your husband is in, they do these short shifts so that they can still go to training the next day.

The first thing you need to understand is that the Army is your husband's #1 priority with you #2. That we will be gone for anywhere from a couple of days to 4 weeks training out in the field on your post or on another post. That's not even getting into pre deployment training. Even in peacetime, I was in the field, aka not at home, for 6 months out of a year.

It means Charge of Quarters, it’s a task they have to do. They are guarding the entrance to the barracks. It is done 24/7/365. His shift to do it is between 2100-2300. If you are freaking out over this, you are going to have even more issues later on. Remember the Military owns his *** for the next few years, they come first and he works for them 24/7/365

• alex10 months agoReport

Thanks it’s just reinsurance but I’m still trying to get use to this long distance thing but thanks for your feedback it’s a lot better than the first one I can tell you that

I can see this marriage is gonna last

odds are he flunks out of AIT and moves back home with his momma

if he is lucky, he will leave your butt at his ait location