Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferencePrimary & Secondary Education · 12 months ago

I’m a senior in AP Stats right now. Should I switch to AP Calc II?

I’m applying for a health major at UCSD. Which class is the most beneficial and which will save the most money in university? I heard that at least Calc 1 and 2 are required for such a major. I’ve already done AP Calc 1 last year. (Btw 1 refers to AB and 2 refers to BC). Thx.

I'm not a health major, but I'm guessing statistics will be slightly more useful to you.

Which saves the most money? Odds are both classes are the same number of credit hours, so neither will save you more than the other. In fact, depending on how UCSD charges tuition, they may not save you any money at all.

If UCSD charges tuition per credit hour, and if they accept AP credit for those subjects, then you'll save money.

However, if they charge tuition per semester, then the only way you'll save money is by getting enough credits to graduate early.

AP Stat is useless, no offense. AP Calc II will benefit you more, even if you understand nothing.