Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 11 months ago

Did God divorce Israel?

I gave faithless Israel her certificate of divorce and sent her away because of all her adulteries. Yet I saw that her unfaithful sister Judah had no fear; she also went out and committed adultery. Because Israel’s immorality mattered so little to her, she defiled the land and committed adultery with stone and wood. In spite of all this, her unfaithful sister Judah did not return to me with all her heart, but only in pretense,” declares the Lord. [Jeremiah 3:8-10]

Favorite Answer

As you've shown, we have Gods own word on that

But you've omitted some valuable content

6 The Lord said also unto me in the days of Josiah the king, Hast thou seen that which backsliding Israel hath done? she is gone up upon every high mountain and under every green tree, and there hath played the harlot.

7 And I said after she had done all these things, Turn thou unto me. But she returned not. And her treacherous sister Judah saw it.

8 And I saw, when for all the causes whereby backsliding Israel committed adultery I had put her away, and given her a bill of divorce; yet her treacherous sister Judah feared not, but went and played the harlot also.

9 And it came to pass through the lightness of her whoredom, that she defiled the land, and committed adultery with stones and with stocks.

10 And yet for all this her treacherous sister Judah hath not turned unto me with her whole heart, but feignedly, saith the Lord.

11 And the Lord said unto me, The backsliding Israel hath justified herself more than treacherous Judah.

12 Go and proclaim these words toward the north, and say, Return, thou backsliding Israel, saith the Lord; and I will not cause mine anger to fall upon you: for I am merciful, saith the Lord, and I will not keep anger for ever.

13 Only acknowledge thine iniquity, that thou hast transgressed against the Lord thy God, and hast scattered thy ways to the strangers under every green tree, and ye have not obeyed my voice, saith the Lord.

14 >>>Turn, O backsliding children, saith the Lord; for I am married unto you<<<: and I will take you one of a city, and two of a family, and I will bring you to Zion:

• Tim

Isaiah 50

1 Thus saith the Lord, Where is the bill of your mother's divorcement, whom I have put away? or which of my creditors is it to whom I have sold you? Behold, for your iniquities have ye sold yourselves, and for your transgressions is your mother put away.

2 Wherefore, when I came, was there no man? when I called, was there none to answer? Is my hand shortened at all, that it cannot redeem? or have I no power to deliver? behold, at my rebuke I dry up the sea, I make the rivers a wilderness: their fish stinketh, because there is no water, and dieth for thirst.

Isaiah 52:3 For thus saith the Lord, Ye have sold yourselves for nought; and ye shall be redeemed without money.

Romans 7

1 Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth?

2 For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband.

3 So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.

4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

Zechariah 12:10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

Romans 11

25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

28 As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes.

29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.

30 For as ye in times past have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy through their unbelief:

31 Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy.

32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

33 O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!

The best answer has it right.

Yes, he did, Jeremiah 3. However, His promises to Israel remain intact. (The Abrahamic Covenant.)

Rom 11:1 I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.

Rom 11:2 God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew....

Rom 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

Rom 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

God has temporarily set aside Israel as the Bible says until the "fulness of the Gentiles". The Apostle Paul was sent out to spread this gospel of good news to the Gentiles.

Acts 28:28 Be it known therefore unto you, that the salvation of God is sent unto the Gentiles, and that they will hear it.

Acts 28:29 And when he had said these words, the Jews departed, and had great reasoning among themselves.

One day though God will restore Israel and ultimately bring the promised Kingdom that was prophecied.

No.

God will never abandon Israel. God has restored Israel to her land and will never uproot her again.

"I will plant Israel in their own land,

never again to be uprooted

from the land I have given them,”

says the Lord your God. (Amos 9:15)

Israel will one day become a Christian nation.

And in this way[a] all Israel will be saved. As it is written:

“The deliverer will come from Zion;

he will turn godlessness away from Jacob.

27 And this is[b] my covenant with them

when I take away their sins.” (Romans 11:26-27)

it might offend you to say so, but it is not israel that is destroying itself with its own religious wars, it is "islam". islam may deface the country and the people, but that is like being a religious-nazi to the jewish and the rest of non-muslem peoples. this is why so many are uniting against those types of beliefs, fascist islam is very limited belief for a country to hold, and is offending to most other countries and peoples.

the jewish country of israel is actually a very good country. the jesish in the united states are very good people. we support them in thisr religious freedom, and hope to protect them from this fascist-persecution of the muslems and other nazis.

• Donald

you just shared the verses.

YES.....

but in JESUS , this can be forgiven. (on their part)

and that is exactly going to happen.

most of Israel are Christian today.

the house of Judah and the house of Israel are separate.

Eze 37 shows these two sticks.

read it and see what will happen. (soon)

Source(s): Judah is the house of Judah (JEWS). The House of Israel are Christians. (10 tribes) these are many nations and peoples. (Gen 48-49 show them) Joseph split into two tribes. (Ephraim and Manasseh) one became a UNION or COMMON WEALTH of Nations. ONE became a MIGHTY Nation (under GOD). see the union jack? see the stars and the promise kept? (50 on the flag) the seed of Abraham are many... what nations carry the cross of promise? (check it)
    • Donald

wow.....this is so untrue. Ishmael (his lineage) are of these peoples. while Israel are not. you need to study more.
      (far more...)

• yesmar

Symbolically, yes, but he later incorporates them into the new Israel, Jesus.