Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsBirds · 12 months ago

Anyone know what kind of bird this is?

Apologies for not having a clip of audio. Basically it makes sort of a high-pitched "hoot" sound, followed by a short pause, and then 3 lower-pitched "hoot" sounds that it makes very quickly. I believe it is a migratory bird as I only hear it during summer. I personally always thought it was an owl because of the hoot sound but my family always said it was something else

no audio or photo.. may be an owl

Sounds like some kinda mornin dove?

• Dale-E

Sounds like a Mourning Dove.

Does anyone else hear this or just you?

I'd say it's imaginary.

Maybe a goose? A goose flies around and around make hissing noise

Without an audio clip or photo how can we guess at this minimal info? This site is also WORLDWIDE so how can we know what birds are where YOU live? Are you hearing this night or day?

If this is during the day you are probably confusing hooting with COOING. It could be a Band-tailed Pigeon, Rock Pigeon, Mourning Dove, etc. Google bird sounds and listen to these and see if they sound similar. Again, find out what birds live where YOU live and then match the sound.

If this is as night then Google what owls are where you live and listen to audio clips of their sounds.

I’d say that it’s an owl. Hoot hoot.

Possibly a blue jay

There’s no photo so it’s hard to say