Skookum asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 6 months ago

Conservatives are so dead set against any form of socialism, so why do they apply for Social Security benefits in the first place?

Social Security is the largest socialist program in the USA. If you did apply without thinking about how socialist the program is, you can write them to end your benefits.

Strange how so many people confuse ENROLLING and APPLYING for benefits. Those are very different things. The topic here is applying. After age 61 yrs 8 mos you can apply or not.

Favorite Answer

Most of them don't know and don't care as long as they are told to hate something. We are all socialist in a sense. But Forever cons have preached its all wrong to help everybody..

You really needed to prove what an uneducated retard you are.

• Chris

Paying Social Security taxes was not voluntary, Einstein. If you ever had a job you would know that.

• Skookum

You are talking about enrollment and contributions which happens at the beginning and throughout our careers. But please reread the question. I am talking about APPLYING for benefits, which we can do (or not) at age 61 yrs 8 mos. To receive benefits you must apply.

• Zirp

Please give your definition of socialism, so people can confirm or deny that they dislike it.

People apply for social security, because it's better than starving or resorting to crime

but they do not give you the option to opt out of paying SS taxs

so since you are forced to pay the tax's, why not collect and get your money back?

• Skookum

And notice you are confusing enrollment at the beginning of a career with applying for benefits which you can do (or not) at the end of your career or age 61 yrs 8 mos.

APPLY?!!

Ever look at a pay stub and realize, "Hey! I didn't apply to have MY income yanked!"

Yeah. That's how that works.

• Skookum

You are confused. I am talking about applying for the benefits, not enrollment.

If you would let us opt out of paying IN to social security I ABSOLUTELY would not request benefits OUT. Unfortunately, you and the other thieves force me at gunpoint (because ultimately all government mandates are enforced by violence if you disobey long enough) to send my hard-earned money to Washington where I earn NOTHING on that money instead of being able to invest it over time and create wealth for me and the economy generally.

Then, you refuse to let us fix Social Security to make it sustainable which means people in my age bracket and below will probably see PENNIES ON THE DOLLAR in return for the money you stole from us throughout our working lives.

So yeah, I would like to get what little money I can back after you stole it from me.

Because it’s been taken out of their paychecks and they want something in return.

Meanwhile, Social Security is going bankrupt. What a great program. And there are still millions of people who think the government can spend their money better than they can. Go figure.

• Skookum

If they WANT the benefits of socialist programs, it's hypocritical to criticize socialist programs.

The program was not an option. Thinking never was a strong point for leftists. LOL

I would have been fine with keeping my SSI deduction and investing the money for myself. LOL

• Skookum

Starts with an error, ends with hypocrisy.

Shithead...SOCIAL PROGRAMS and SOCIALISM are not the same thing. If I could SCRAP social security...I would do so in a heartbeat. There are far better pension and disability systems that ARE NOT controlled by a brainless bureaucracy. Grow the f#ck up, moron. Government controlled ANYTHING gets people KILLED. 125 MILLION in the 20th century alone.

Update: we don't SIGN UP for Social Security. It is FORCED upon us.

• Skookum

Pal: You are talking about enrollment; I'm not. I'm talking about applying for benefits which you can only do after you are 62. To receive benefits, you must apply.

Your tax shelter can employ people on a temp basis and you pay nothing for their social security. And you lose whatever you woulve paid in taxes. That's how I was treated by the C of C boss.