Anonymous

why do I need a job when I can get much more not working?

I heard of clinical studies that pay $1k/wk. Why should I work for 40 hours/wk at minimum wage when I can earn $1k/wk spend more time doing what I want.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

The clinical studies usually involving having unproven medicines tested on you. You could die.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Judy
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Sure, studies are all over paying that much. All you have to do is qualify.

• 6 months ago

As ibu guru posted, you need to meet VERY specific criteria for getting into these studies, and even when you get in, they are only for a limited time.

Also, when you finish one, you may need 3-12 months as a cooldown between studies.

Source(s): I did a few studies in the 1990s I received $1500 for . and my son did two in the in the 2000s, and got $2000 each for about 3 years each.
  • NA
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

After a while, you would no longer be accepted by the studies. Your previous studies would screw up the data.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

Clinical studies are temporary. Don't expect to find too many of these. Especially since you must meet very specific criteria to be considered for participation. E.g. diagnosed with Stage 3 glioblastoma multiform within the past 4 weeks (that's one of the fastest & deadliest brain tumors). If you get 4-8 weeks on one of these studies every few years, that's it. And you are taking drugs, medical treatments, etc, which have not been approved by FDA - some of them won't reach the market. They may be deadlier than the disease.

Looking to this for income falls into the "too stupid to live" category.

• 6 months ago

While you're waiting to get selected for such a study, which will take somewhere between a long time and never, you'll need a job.

• 6 months ago

I think you should look a little deeper into the studies.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.