Im thinking about home schooling, where do i start?

Im thinking about home schooling my son when it comes time (hes 6 months right now) i have NO IDEA where to even begin looking for information on a good, credited way to do this.

Im looking for any information here, what i have to do to start, whats involved, what would be a "normal" schedule

For those who have done it, anything ...... if it helps i live in north georgia.

Thank you in advance

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Ludwig
    Lv 6
    12 months ago

Buy one of those 'Duck Dynasty Family Study Bibles'. That will contain everything you will need up to diploma level.

Attachment image
  • 12 months ago

A good way to find out more about homeschooling is to touch base with other homeschoolers in your state. The Georgia Home Education Association is a good place to start.

https://ghea.org/

There you can find out about the basics such as homeschool laws for your state, how to get started, what's required legally. You will also find a list of local support groups which are a great way to connect with other homeschoolers. It is not uncommon for parents of young children to join such a group to begin to make connections and chat with other moms who homeschool. I cannot over emphasize how helpful it can be to make that connection with other homeschoolers.

You'll find out much more when you chat with other homeschoolers, but, in short, a "normal" schedule is different for each and every family. One of the beauties of homeschool is that schedules can change per family, per student, per day, week or month. What works for one family will even change as their children grow and interests develop.

It's great that you are looking into things now. We homeschooled all of our children from "preschool" all the way through high school. Now that they are all grown, I am oh-so-very glad that we chose that road. It was an adventure I would not have wanted to miss!

• cool
    Lv 6
    12 months ago

Wow. The fact that you are even considering homeschooling your child, means that are probably in the top 10% of people. Good job.

I wouldn't even advocate any form of 'schooling' as such. Just keep your child away from doctors and anyone who trusts doctors.

Doctors are the primary threat to the health and wellbeing of children. Sorry if you are learning this for the first time, but you must keep your child away from all medicine, including genital examination (which usually results in forced retraction), blood draws and of course vaccination.

A normal 'schedule' is whatever happens to be the passion/natural talent of your child.

It's not about teaching, because if you protect your child's health by keeping him away from doctors, you won't need to 'teach because he will be naturally strong and wise.

• 12 months ago

There's a thing called online school.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.