Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 6 months ago

Will a police car stop you for speeding UK?

Last night, I was running late so being stupid, decided to put my foot down a bit.

I was doing 39mph in a 30mph zone, when a police car got right up my bumper. I pulled to the left side lane and the police car came alongside me but didn’t put on the lights. He signalled for me to slow down by pointing his finger down, and then drove off.

As he didn’t stop me, I was just wondering how likely it is that I will get a speeding ticket?

Going by your description - the law enforcement agency officer 👮 only wanted to give you a caution - the chances of you receiving a infringement notice within the mail is extremely low so basically unless you travelled past a stationary vehicle or a speed camera setup or unless you run a red light traffic signal at some intersection controlled by traffic lights then, don't think you have anything to worry about