promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Should I bother with another Umai Crate?

So I just got my first Umai Crate today but it was searched my customs because of swine. I looked at the product list and there was no indication that there was any swine products. Plus I am missing another noodle bowl AND one of the other noodle bowl I got was OPENED. I m beyond pissed off and I don’t know if I should bother with this box ( because I really want to try it but if this is going to be a frequent thing then f this box), or ask for a refund ( I got the premium Crate).

If you had dealt with this before please share your story.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 months ago

It's for you to decide, but I'd think it's a bit of a waste of time if this is going to be a regular occurrence. Your country will have the right to search anything coming in food-wise whether pork is indicated or not. I'd never heard of Umai crates, but googled it and I really can't see any justification for going through all that hassle for what is essentially all noodle products you could probably find from other sources within your own country.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Mr. P
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

If it was opened by customs - ask THEM for the refund!

Personally I wouldn't want to eat anything they have had their fingers in.

Imported items "may" be opened by customs, but if they do - then I would expect them to pay for the damage they are doing.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.