It is the motto of my High School. The literal meaning is "State Preparing". Preparing (students) to live in the State (country).?

Hard to interpret that. State can refer to condition, a way of being, rather than a country or other political entity. the "state" could mean "proper life conditions" even. Preparing to be functional in society, perhaps.

It is not a motto I would follow or enjoy. I do not like the idea of inculcation for whatever purpose that I did not voluntarily enter into, and I definitely did not volunteer to attend high school to be trained to be a cog in society.

I know that is the undeclared purpose of public schooling (train us to be "citizens") but such a motto reeks of authoritarianism to me. How dare they claim the role of pigeonholing me as if it were a good thing?

It is most likely "the State preparing you for life", not "preparing you for the state".

You say 'it' is the motto of your High School. What is it? And what is your question?