Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinancePersonal Finance · 1 year ago

If I make 700$ per month how much should I save and spend? (see description)?

If I make about $700 per month from my part time job and have 136$ worth of bills each month, how much $ is appropriate for spending money and then how much should I save?

• Judy

how old are you?

• 1 year ago

Save half for long term, $150 short term (purchases expected within a year: clothes, prom, car repairs,,,) = $64 for fun stuff

• 1 year ago

You live at home with your parents? You need to save $400-500/month toward your future expenses (college, job training, car, etc.). If you take buses to work, that $60+ is enough for busfare. Or buy replacement underwear if you have to buy some of your own clothes. Or go out with friends once or twice a month (or a "movie & popcorn" date).

You're obviously very young. You have H-u-g-e upcoming expenses as you enter adulthood. Save-save-save... and then save some more!

• edward
    1 year ago

How old are you? I had a job starting at 16 around $30,000 a year i did a 50/30/20 split. 50 percent for things i need, 30% for things i want and 20% to save. Anything left over when next pay day comes from the 50% is put away in savings.

1 year ago

As much as you can. I'd be putting away at least 400 of that every month.

Source(s): nothing
  • .
    1 year ago

If you're a high school student, you should save all of it for college.