Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareLaptops & Notebooks · 10 months ago

While trying to spray a hinge with WD40 on a laptop screen, I sna a tote wire underneath the screen. What did I break? Is it an easy fix?

The little wire has the letters AUX SPD next to it. I’m guessing I bust the speakers?

*snapped a little wire

Favorite Answer

Probably. Have to guess since you refuse to tell what "laptop" model, brand, and where speaker grills are located.

Also never heard of a "tote wire".

I never use WD 40 around computers. Messy, useless for electronics and most other laptop, desktop and monitor parts. If you need to lube something, a tiny dab of silicone grease is recommended.

Source(s): Electronics manufacturing engineer, using computers since 1962, building and repaired them for a few decades.
    • Ruby10 months agoReport

Sorry, typo. Was supposed to say “little”. It’s a Lenovo, 2017. Can’t remember what model though.

• stan l

Anybody that's dumb enough to spray WD40 on a laptop deserves all the bad luck that befalls them! JFC!AYRTFS?

• Ruby10 months agoReport

Real mature.