Lucas asked in Business & FinanceInsurance · 6 months ago

If my health insurance covers adult circumcision, will I have to pay a deductible for this, or will it all be covered no charge to me?

Favorite Answer

You'd have to know whether it's covered, and you'd have to know the cost. If it's $750 and you have to meet the deductible first, then both plans would be exactly the same. But, just saying what the deductible is doesn't help. One would presume outpatient, of course, but there could be a cost difference between in hospital and in a surgical center. One way might be subject to a deductible, and the other might be a copay without having to meet the deductible.

In other words, nobody here could possibly know with the amount of information you've give. We can only tell you where to look - cost per pay, what circumstances does the deductible have to be met first, how the plans work for surgeries, etc...

• Judy

Depends on your policy, but most insurances have deductibles and copays. Call the insurance company and ask.

LOL - why would strangers on the internet have any idea what your insurance covers??

• Lucas6 months agoReport

It’s open enrollment currently, so I presently do not have insurance. I just feel that I’m probably going to need this procedure once my coverage kicks in in October. That’s why I want to choose the best plan now so the procedure costs me the least when it’s time to have it done.

I think you'd have to pay. Usually, preventative care (birth control, vaccines, cancer screenings, etc.) is the only thing covered at no charge to you.

• MELISSA6 months agoReport

Medicare doesn't pay for the new shingles shots. $155.00 for each one. Need to have two of them six months apart.

If your adult circumcision is medically necessary it will be included in your health insurance plan.

I would be very surprised if your insurance considers it a voluntary procedure.

It will be treated like all standard components of your insurance. If you have met your insurance policy's annual out of pocket maximum, there will be no cost to you. If you haven't, there is.

But, just like all the information in this whole thread...we're all just guessing because we don't know without seeing the plan summary to know how services are treated.

It depends upon your policy. If you can't figure it out, contact the insurance company before you decide to do it, and they will tell you.