Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 6 months ago

In 2020 do you plan to vote Republican, Democrat, or Independent / 3rd Party?

I plan to go Independent / 3rd Party. Democrats want to steal all my money and drive me broke while Republicans don't want me to have health care. Also Democrats support killing babies in the first 9 months of life while Republicans support Donald Trump who is a lunatic.

Both parties are enemies of America is my belief.

Favorite Answer

Americans, from Canada, I implore you to vote with decency this time.

We managed to take Harper out here in canada and got excellent Trudeau. You need someone like him

Democrat

the kicker is, im american citizen but ive spent maybe 1 year total if i add up all the time ive spent there, but, i get sent absentee ballots. so of course im going to vote in your elections

Source(s): nothing
    • ron h

If you're a citizen, you can vote. But I'm curious why you've kept US citizenship.

If you could see what the democrats have done to our state, nobody in their right mind would EVER vote democratic.

• John

No reason to vote for someone who probably won't win.

• zeno

Wrong. Democrats are socialist and republicans

Have been infiltrated by democrats RINO's and

Independents have been infiltrated by democrats as well. Register as a Independent and

Vote for the most credible / honest / patriotic

( America ) / anti-open boarders, anti-free

Stuff person running for office. Ok?

• ron h

did you believe that crap before the shitgibbon became pres? Or has he and Moscow Mitch convinced you that only the cult is real Americans? Using the phrase "RINO" means you've been had. Registering Indy means no primaries in most states, so you'll only get one chance to vote against Donnie

I’m voting blue no matter who. A great time for you to waste your vote when we have a wannabe dictator in the White House.

• Perry6 months agoReport

wait a minute, wannabe dictator I thought Hillary lost the presidency I mean trump is not a wanna be dictator hes a republican only democrats are wanna be Communist dictators

Short answer - I don't know yet.

Long Answer - I'm a small-L libertarian who is dissatisfied with both parties since both parties fundamentally are trying to expand government and take away freedom, just in different ways. The R's want to take away cultural and civic freedom and expand the military and surveillance state. The D's want to take away economic freedom and turn us all into dependent servants of an omnipotent social state.

However, I tend to regard the R's as the lesser evil, mostly because they're much less successful at accomplishing their goals. When the D's tell you they plan to steal your money, they usually follow through. When the R's tell you they plan to do something, there's a good chance nothing will come of it because they'll screw it up.

However, I evaluate Presidential candidates as individuals. And every cycle I tell myself that this time, I'm going to hold my nose and vote for the lesser evil. But as the election draws near, the reality sets in that I am in a single party state that will vote 60-65% for the Democrat no matter how evil that particular Democrat is. My state is not a swing state. So why vote for the lesser evil?

So instead I typically for Libertarian (big-L), even though I actually have alot of disagreements and problems with the big-L Libertarian Party. It's not so much that I think Gary Johnson (for example) was a good candidate...but compared to Trump or Hillary he was a rocket scientist. Even though he didn't know where Aleppo was despite it being in the news nonstop.

I suspect the same will happen again this cycle. If the Democrats nominate a sane person (ie not Sanders or Warren or Harris or Booker or Gillibrand etc), I'll tell myself that's who I'm voting for. If they don't, I'll tell myself I have to pick the lesser evil and vote Trump. But as the election gets closer, I'll probably end up voting for whatever windbag the LP trots out because my vote doesn't matter so I may as well vote for a 3rd Party.

• ron h

tRump is NEVER the lesser evil. 12,000 lies is not the mark of a good man. Appointing a variety of criminals to office is not the mark of a good man. His sole true talent is manipulating other people.

I don't bother voting anymore. Complete waste of my time. Also no point voting for the independent 3rd party as they never win.

• EmothicVonHellsing

Becuase I can, and my first amendment right allows me to. Course I wouldn't be suprised, you blues love trying to take that right away from people.

I will vote Libertarian.

Democratic

I am gay

I was thrown out of my family who was Republican for being gay

I was thrown out of the US Army in 1997 for being gay by Republicans

Democrats fight for gay rights

The Republicans just appointed a Supreme Court that says that Mr. Cake man can run gays out of his stores with a shotgun and it's all good.

I HATE Republicans