How do I find my Wi-Fi password on my Computer?

I have an HP computer with Windows 10.

I need to find my password for Wi-Fi on there, because I'm locked out of my Kindle.

you cant do that. what you can do, is connect a pc using a LAN cable to your router. you can then view the router menu by logging in to the router. you can then change the wifi passkey value to whatever you want. the default values for logging in are printed on the label stuck to the router. And so is the default wifi passkey value too.

Your Wi-Fi password is on or in your router. If the router is from your ISP they usually have the password written on a sticker located on the router somewhere. If it is your router, simply sign into the router and look under Wireless to find the password that is assigned.

• Ivanex

there are programs to do that, like wirelessKeyView (sometimes I use that)

you can acces to program data -> microsoft -> Wlansvc -> profile -> interfaces

and there you will find xml files with the keys, but the keys are encrypted

• BigE

I believe on most windows it is in the registry. You can use the link below to see if it is there.

I must be clear text because it can't be sent as a hash, so no matter how it is stored it must be "extracted" in order to connect.

look into your windows keys

• Lv 7

your wifi password is on the bottom of the router.

otherwise, just login to the router to find it.

it is not stored in Windows 10 anywhere.

• Roddy

Yes, it is stored on the computer, but it is encrypted so you cannot read it to use elsewhere.

Unless it has been changed, the wifi password and ID is printed on a label under (or at the back of) your router.

Unless you changed it when it was installed, most routers have the password on the label on the underside of the router. You should be able to find it there.

If you changed it and can't remember the password, consider resetting the router (there is a small hole on the bottom, you press into this hole with something like a straightened paper clip to reset to factory defaults.) Then everything can connect using the factory assigned password.