Should i learn Spanish or French?

Which one is more beneficial in the world?

For an English speaker French might be a little easier to learn.

Many people have problems with the Spanish R and even more so with the J and with the G when it sounds like the J. Spanish spelling might be easier.Spanish has many more speakers but not in Europe outside of Spain or in Africa and Asia.

When English speakers choose their L2, French and Spanish are usually on the table. Personally, I believe that Spanish is more useful language to learn as second foreign language. I feel this way for two reasons, which I explore in this essay.

First of all, Spanish has more people using it as their primary language, and total speakers too. There are roughly 470 million people who has Spanish as their primary language and 560 million total speakers, while there are only 80 million people who has French as their primary language and 220 total speakers. Statistically, It is more likely that you meet someone who use Spanish than some who speak in French.

Secondly, Spanish is an easier language to learn. It is very hard to master French pronunciation than Spanish because of the "r" sound. There are many people who have been speaking French as a second language, but still have difficulty speaking with a native accent. Moreover, If you are based on USA now, you can easily find native speakers who can help you practicing that language, and practicing with natives will accelerate your language learning significantly.

In conclusion, I am the opinion of that Spanish is the better choice to learn than French. This is because it is more widely used language, and because you can easily learn it than French.

• Nancy

Mais oi, yo no se.

It depends on what YOU want to do with a new language: YOUR projects, YOUR work, etc... Only your needs count, not yours.

• Pontus

Worldwide - French.

But in specific sections of the world, Spanish.

There are more native Spanish speakers than French ones, but there are more competent speakers of French as a foreign language than of Spanish, globally.

Usefulness, though, is not universal. For example, many believe that Spanish is more useful in the USA because there are many more Spanish speakers than French. But that also means there are many more competent bilingual speakers of Spanish and English than of French and English. Also, few businesses pay extra for Spanish speaking.

However, many American companies have contracts with Canadian companies, which do pay extra for service in French. Often such companies require French and English bilinguals, since there often isn't enough business for French only. I had three non-teaching jobs, in USA, that required French and English for Canadian contracts. I got paid more than my English only coworkers.

Spanish would have done me little good. French got me jobs.

French since they are more richer

• Zirp

Spanish is huge in the Americas

French is huge in Africa

In Europe outside Spain, French is bigger

Which one are you more likely to use. I learned French since I was going to Paris.

It depends what country you live in.

If you are English, French is more useful.

If you are american, Spanish is more useful.

If you are Polish, Russian is more useful.

you could learn both.

Source(s): spanish descent.