Should i work at a bank if i dont know anything about mathematics?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago

I have a degree in finance and I suck at math. i also work at a bank. I was a teller while in college and now I am a licensed banker and get to talk to clients about investment services. I was also an analyst for my university’s endowment fund and spent hours prepping for stock pitches and market updates EVEN THOUGH I TRULY SUCK AT MATH. Banking and finance really do not require as much math as you think. Even tellers, who do more math than I’ll ever do anymore, have a bunch of software and calculators to help them with transactions. Just because you work with numbers doesn’t mean you actually have to calculate them. Banking is mostly customer service and I’ve seen people come from all backgrounds go into banking. Unless you want to be a financial analyst or economist, you really just need to have the basics down, and a highschool diploma. Later on you will need to have s degree if you want to move higher up but if you’re young you should be a teller. Easy job and the pay is very good.

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

If you're planning on being a customer service rep only basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication and, rarely, division) are required to calculate sums of money. It's not really complicated unless you're planning on becoming an economist, the CEO or some kind of executive incorporating advanced predictive analytics algorithms into your business processes.

The biggest thing you gotta worry about is giving the right amount of money, entering things into the system accurately, making sure your cash drawer balances at the end of the day and getting robbed. If your cash drawer doesn't balance they waterboard you, administer a lie detector test and interrogate you under a heat lamp in a room with a dirt floor until you find the money but it's no big deal really.

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

I don't think a bank would even give you the time of day.

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

Sure, banks also have toilets that need to be cleaned.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 months ago

no but you can steal money though

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

You have to be able to accurately count money for most bank jobs. If you cannot, you are not employable at a bank.

• 3 months ago

You do need to count up to 10. Is that too hard?

• 3 months ago

There are jobs at banks that don't require a high level of math skills. There are also positions that you wouldn't qualify for.

• 3 months ago

Bank teller and hotel desk clerk are two of the most low-paying, menial jobs in the entire world. I don't think you need to know anything.

Just wear your name tag, come back from lunch on time, and give money to people after they fill out the little form.

• G power3 months agoReport

You must have worked for a crap bank because I was a teller in school and I was making $21 and hour. Obviously it’s not a career but It’s great for college students and people just starting out.

• 3 months ago

Most math is calculated by the computers now, doubt you'd use much.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.