Christians: What is needed to correctly interpret the Bible?

106 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

all bibles are written by man its a story book . God is the source from which we all came every person on this earth no matter what colour we are, god is all around us in every thing we do and see, you don't need religion just be a kind loving person and love every one , that is God. We all go to the same place when we die too.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 6 months ago

A Strong's Concordance. The blueletterbible.com, the Holy Spirit.

• 6 months ago

For me I feel the Holy Spirit and the word removes sin I commited and just to be close to Jesus/God. The bible brings out reality and God's love,joy, and gives me happiness. God loves you all and he wants us to read the word to refresh our spirit and to love him and reject sin.

• ...Show all comments
    • norine6 months agoReport

the Holy Spirit which are "POWER" (Acts 1:8) "Spiritual gifts" (I Cor 12:7-10) and "Signs following" (Mk 16:17-18) received after Holy Spirit baptism who (John 14:18 ) IS the Holy Ghost. Without "PROOF" of JESUS' PROMISES you're only making "private interpretations" (II Peter 1:20-21).

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Just a pure heart and love of God.

• ...Show all comments

the Holy Spirit which are "POWER" (Acts 1:8) "Spiritual gifts" (I Cor 12:7-10) and "Signs following" (Mk 16:17-18) received after Holy Spirit baptism who (John 14:18 ) IS the Holy Ghost. Without "PROOF" of JESUS' PROMISES you're only making "private interpretations" (II Peter 1:20-21).

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

Read the NT carefully and notice that Jesus was never crucified. Also notice that at the end of each gospel is and has to be a different Jesus. Notice that after the claimed resurrection none of his apostles could recognize him, and on the beach in John they did not recognize him. Therefore, who has Christians been worshiping for nearly 2,000 years? Learn and you will be free from what controls your mind.

• ...Show all comments

YES (Dan 4:35). No man has seen GOD [aka Spirit; Jn 4:24] at any time" GOD "manifests Himself" (I Tim 3:16) by His glory with JESUS being "His brightest glory" (Heb 1:3).

• 6 months ago

The Holy Spirit. John 14:26.

• ...Show all comments

• 6 months ago

You need nothing except the knowledge that the bible, just like a LOT of other so called 'holy books' were written over the course of several centuries by many different people. They are nothing more than fairy tales and fantasies written to frighten people into submission. Nothing more. Saying any particular holy book is the word of that particular god is absurd. There is no proof of it at all. In all of human history not one single person has ever provided proof and evidence of a god. ANY god. That is just a fact. It is dishonest to assert as fact that which is not evidently true.

• ...Show all comments

He looks at hearts (I Sam 16:7) and knows when you're bullshyting and have other motives other than wanting to love Him with all of your heart. He won't give you power to witness for Him. He won't give you ANYTHING and is why most people LIE claiming Christianity.

• 6 months ago

The Bible is to be read to hear God.

It is not to be "interpreted". Interpretation is resorted to by those without revelation.

• ...Show all comments

• Paul
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

The one Church Jesus founded. It was to the leaders of that one Church that Jesus promised "The Holy Spirit will guide you into all truth", and "Whatsoever you bind upon Earth is bound in Heaven", and "He who hears you hears Me". The bishops of that one Church, at the direction of the Pope, compiled the Bible from its own writings (and early Jewish writings) under the guidance of the Holy Spirit, and declares as binging truth that these 73 texts are the inspired Word of God. And that one Church is the sole authoritative interpreter of its own writings and its own book. Which is why that one Church remains one in belief, one in teaching, one in worship, one in biblical understanding throughout the world after 2,000 years, while those who have defected from God's Church and attempted to find truth in "the Bible alone" have fragmented into 6,000+ conflicting denominations who can't agree with one another about the meaning of a single verse of the Bible, in just a few hundred years. And that doesn't even include the 20,000+ so-called "non-denominational" Protestant churches! Total doctrinal chaos due to inability to correctly interpret the Bible!

• ...Show all comments
    • Jennifer
      Lv 6
      6 months agoReport

They sure did compile it--all by themselves. Why do you think that is? There were Rabbis around that could have been there to help--we wrote the thing...why not? Do you even know??

• yesmar
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

To be able to see Jesus.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.