I love my boyfriend but he thinks giving me alone time means I don’t want to be with him and I’m going to cheat on him if he’s not around.?

Hi I’m a 21yo female and I’ve been with my boyfriend for almost 9 months now. I love his company and he makes me happy and this is probably the best relationship I’ve ever been in, but he seems to get offended and not trust me when I want alone time. Just today I didn’t want to go to his mom’s house with him... show more Hi I’m a 21yo female and I’ve been with my boyfriend for almost 9 months now. I love his company and he makes me happy and this is probably the best relationship I’ve ever been in, but he seems to get offended and not trust me when I want alone time. Just today I didn’t want to go to his mom’s house with him because we both work a very labor intensive job, and I just started this job a few days ago and I’m not used to it and I just wanted to spend my time relaxing instead of going out to do things. I told him I didn’t feel good and said I didn’t really feel like going anywhere and he seemed to get offended and it made me very frustrated. Sometimes I need space because it’s just the kind of person I am, it doesn’t mean I don’t love his company and or don’t want to be around him, I just am a very closed off person at times and need one on one time with myself. He got out of a very abusive relationship last year and she cheated on him, I know that causes him to have trust issues but I’ve explained to him I don’t know how many times that I would never do these things to him, I do a lot for him, and I reassure him constantly. I just don’t know what to do, I want what’s best for him and I’ve even told him to seek therapy but he’d afraid it will make him seem weak. I love him but it can be so frustrating at times because I give him space when he needs it, why is it so hard for him to give me space as well? I just need some advice.