Should I take Calculus 2 as a senior? HELP!!?

I’m currently a sophomore in precalculus and my buddy dropped out to take algebra 2 instead. He did this because next year we would be obligated to take AP Calculus AB as juniors (our school doesn’t have BC) and then AP Statisitcs senior year. Him and his counselor claim AP statistics is useless for the medical... show more I’m currently a sophomore in precalculus and my buddy dropped out to take algebra 2 instead. He did this because next year we would be obligated to take AP Calculus AB as juniors (our school doesn’t have BC) and then AP Statisitcs senior year. Him and his counselor claim AP statistics is useless for the medical field (we wanna get health majors).

However, to my knowledge, AP Calculus AB only covers Calculus 1. If I take Calculus 2 at my local community college, would that be of worth? I’m assuming yes, because I get college credit without even taking the AP test right?

Also, would I be saving money if I go to a university straight after highschool and transfer the credits from Calculus 2? What would the class be like? (one senior said it’s around a 3 hour class, but I don’t think that’s everyday). Also, share any extra info PLEASE. Whoever can answer all my questions will get best answer THANK YOU.