Minecraft is killing my pc!?

I know this sounds dumb but maybe this has happened to some of you. I started playing on realms with a friend. Please note that i have a gaming laptop and i use its keyboard. Since i started playing, my keyboard just stops working for no reason. I cant even get out of the game or use Task Manager and i have to shut the laptop down using the power button (i have tried uninstalling and updating the drivers - didnt work). Now i use a computer keyboard to play, since this one doesnt stop working for no reason.

On top of all this, if i exit the game and leave my pc open, i come back to that infamous black screen with a little blue window that has commands like "Start Windows Normally" or "BIOS Setup" etc... . Whenever i try to start windows normally it never actually starts up, it just shows me the logo of the laptop as if it's about to start up, but never does. Therefore, i need to force it to shut down by the button once more.

Today, my laptop started checking and repairing the disk C after this whole adventure. This never happens with any other games or apps or anything.

Please note that i have no mods installed on mc, it's as vanilla as it can get.

• Adrian
    Favorite Answer

MC is very CPU intensive, creating a lot of heat from the CPU. Sounds like either your laptop cooling is clogged or the cooling fan is seized up. Other possibility is you are blocking the air intakes by placing the laptop on a soft surface, like your lap.

Other possibility is the heat has damaged other components like the HDD. A failing HDD will lock up the system and cause a crash in many cases....

• Paula5 months agoReport

Wow, didn’t think of that. It’s so weird, since if i play witcher or other very demanding games it doesnt happen. I have a solid HDD so maybe it locking up the system is not the case. I’ll try checking the cooling.

To me, like the top guy said, that sounds like an overheating issue AND that your HDD might be dying or at least on its way out. Might want to try blowing the dust out of your fans and, if needed, opening it up to clean it out. I would also not put it on your lap or bed or anything unless it's on something like a lapdesk as well, something to give it a little ventilation space. If the HDD is dying and you don't know how to clone the drive to a new one, you can probs take it to a local computer shop to have them do it for you. Just make sure you back up your drive first in case anything goes wrong. Better to be safe than sorry!

You might want to try installing Linux mint alongside windows and start using Linux to play Minecraft it takes a little bit of work to install it just follow the directions but Linux has a tendency to keep computer exploit to a minimum most code is written for Windows and whatever is messing up your windows probably won't hurt Linux one little bit

just check thermal paste on ur cpu and gpu

Have you heard of Hero brine?

• Paula5 months agoReport

That bastard!